SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Digital Marketing Manager with experience increasing ROI by improving email open rates, website traffic, and PPC. Progressed from copywriting and photography/food styling positions into management roles based on creativity, leadership, and analytical skills. Loves building social media strategies and managed digital assets. Comfortable presenting and communicating with C-level executives and conferences.
Areas of expertise:
- Project Management
- Social Media Management
- Content Development
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWord (PPC)
- Email Marketing
- Collateral Materials (Print)
- Photography and graphic design
- Event Planning
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Finalist - The American Small Business Championships, 2016
- Mentor - Fertilab Thinkubator in Eugene and Springfield, 2016
- Author - 100 Ways to Live Greener - 2013
- Campaign Manager - Crowdfunding Campaign for a Seattle Start-up - 2013
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE – DIGITAL MARKETING
McDonald Wholesale Company ▪ Marketing and Events Manager ▪ 06/17 - Present
Built a new marketing department for a 90 year old company in the foodservice sector. Plan and run two large tradeshow events per year, as well as other company events. Write and execute budget, manage vendor marketing contracts, plan and design all sales collateral.
- Created tradeshow events with over 400 customer attendeess and 70 vendors
- Wrote and maintained company marketing budget
- Oversaw a rebranding project and implemented a new logo, new brand guidelines, and promotional materials
- Worked with an agency in Portland to double digital traffic, growth, and content
- Built a sales onboarding training course in Talent LMS for salesforce of 30 people
Lane Small Business Development Center ▪ Social Media Advisor and Instructor▪ 12/16 - 7/18
Meet with small business clients several hours a week to coach them on strategy and marketing ideas. Also teach workshops on social media, Facebook advertising, Instagram, Email Marketing, and entrepreneurship for women.
IRIS Educational Media ▪ Marketing Manager / Creative Director ▪ 05/15 - 06/17
Create content for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn. Write press releases and develop story boards and direct marketing videos. Direct web development, graphic design, search ad campaigns and catalog mailings. Represents company at conferences and trade shows.
- Increased website traffic 200%, email open rates by 30%, and Google AdWord clicks by 300%
- Produced 13 YouTube marketing videos and a 15 page eBook that resulted in 3,000 downloads
- Directed print projects that produced 9,000 catalogs and 300 recruiting flyers
- Led a cross-functional team that instituted new branding and reformed company culture
SaucyMinxMarketing.com ▪ Marketing Strategist ▪ 02/16 - 5/17
Founded a part-time freelance business that develops digital strategy and creates web content (design and copy) for food-based businesses.
- Signed 5 business clients, performed food photography/food styling, and edited 1,000+ pictures
- Initiated business operations - generated branding, wrote blog, and designed website
So Delicious Dairy Free ▪ Digital Strategist ▪ 06/14 - 05/15
Created content and campaign strategy for social media accounts, email marketing, recipe gallery and contest pages. Oversaw development, testing, and distribution of marketing emails. Liaison to ad, public relations (PR), and web design agencies.
- Pioneered a Pinterest contest that resulted in 270 entries and netted 3,000 followers
- Led a Change Management initiative that improved internal/external communication,
- defined accountabilities, and reduced the agency budget by $100K
- Redesigned customer image gallery
- Presented quarterly reports to C-Suite executives and company
Agile Impact Group ▪ Account Executive ▪ 05/13 - 06/14
Managed client digital assets via web content and social media. Generated analytics reports on search engine results and made recommendations for improvement. Managed digital presence including boosting keywords and improving back linking.
- Promoted from Copywriter to Account Executive within 2 months
- Awarded largest account ($20,000/month in billing) and managed 4+ accounts
- Removed 8 negative links from 1 page of Google
- Designed 4 new client websites; established and managed 40+ social media accounts.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Whole Foods Market ▪ Buyer & Department Manager ▪ 10/09 - 03/13
Promoted 4 times in 3 years. Progressed to the Specialty Food Department Manager position and directly managed 7 team members. Oversaw retail operations, merchandising, purchasing, and data analysis.
Key contributions include:
- Introduced 4 new products lines and purchased 1,000+ SKUs
- Exceeded monthly sales targets and managed profit margins on $700K in annual sales
- Promoted new products by building 150+ product displays
9th Street Wine Market ▪ Assistant Manager ▪ 2008-2009
Performed sales and inventory management for boutique wine shop in Augusta, GA.
Key contributions include:
- Implemented a CRM (customer relationship management) system for 200+ clients
- Examined customer profiles to market events, purchased products, and achieved goals
U.S. Navy ▪ Intelligence Analyst / Linguist ▪ 10/03-10/07
Collected information on various assets for the Joint Information Operations Center. Entered information into Excel and Access. Incorporated data into intelligence reports. Learned Korean and translated materials for reports.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master’s in Business Administration ▪ City University ▪ Sustainable Business ▪ Bellevue, WA, 2012
Bachelor’s of Arts ▪ Excelsior College ▪ Liberal Arts ▪ Albany, NY ▪ 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate ▪ Augusta Technical College ▪ Augusta, GA ▪ 2009
Associate of Arts in Korean Studies ▪ Defense Language Institute ▪ Monterey, CA ▪ 2005
- Marketing Analytics Coursera Certification, 2018
- Udemy Marketing Courses: Adwords, Illustrator, Instagram, Copywriting, eBook Publishing, 2015-2018
- Project Management – OSU, 2016
- Leadership Certificate - Classic Leadership Institute, 2015
- Leadership, Workplace Communication, and Team Building
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Light Room, Spark
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Budget planning and management
- Public speaking and teaching
- Google Analytics
- Salesforce and Zoho CRM
- MailChimp and other email marketing platforms
- Wordpress and Squarespace content management systems
- Asana and Podio task management software